- 500 grams Tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Onion , finely chopped
- 50 grams Beetroot, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Whole Black Peppercorns
- 1 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 2 Cloves (Laung)
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi) Pods/Seeds
- 2 teaspoons Butter
- 1 teaspoon Cooking oil
- 2 cups Water
- 1/2 cup Milk
- Salt,to taste
- To begin making the Tomato & Beetroot Soup, heat butter and oil in a pan on SUNFLAME CRYSTAL METALART SS SERIES.
- Add the whole spices (cardamom, cinnamon, cloves and peppercorn) to it and sauté them lightly till aromatic.
- Next, add the garlic and onions and saute them up till light brown and translucent.
- Then, tip in the quartered tomatoes and toss them continuously, cooking on a medium flame, until the skin shrinks.
- The next step is to add the beetroot, salt and water to this and pressure cook until you hear a couple of whistles. Turn off the heat after a couple of whistles and allow the pressure to release completely.
- Once the pressure has released from the cooker pour the tomato beetroot soup mixture into a blender to make a smooth puree.
- Strain the soup into a saucepan, add the milk and bring it to a gentle boil, allowing it to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve Tomato & Beetroot Soup along with Cheese Garlic Bread and Chickpea Orange Salad with Sun Dried Tomatoes for a light weeknight dinner.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia