• 1 3/4 cups (245g) plain flour
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
• 1 tablespoon baking powder
• pinch of nutmeg
• 1 cup (250g) cooked, mashed orange sweet potato
• 1/4 cup (60ml) vegetable oil
• 1/4 cup (60ml) low-fat (1%) milk
• 1 large egg, lightly beaten
• 2 tablespoons brown sugar
Preparation:12min › Cook:15min › Ready in:27min
1. Preheat oven to 210 degrees C. Sift flour, salt, baking powder and nutmeg into a small bowl.
2. Stir together sweet potato, oil, milk, egg and sugar in a medium bowl. Stir in flour mixture just until evenly moistened.
3. Turn dough out onto a floured work surface. Pat out to a 2 cm-thick round. Cut into rounds with a 6 cm biscuit cutter. Place rounds on a baking tray about 2.5 cm apart. Gather up remaining dough. Pat into a circle; cut out remaining scones.
4. Bake until golden, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve warm.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia
Source - http://allrecipes.com.au/recipe/7988/sweet-potato-scones.aspx