- 500 gm hind leg of lamb-boneless, cut into cubes
- 10 cups water
- 1/2 cup bengal gram
- 6 black cardamoms
- 12 green cardamoms
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 tsp Kashmiri red chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 1/2 tsp dry ginger powder
- 4 pieces ginger-cut into 1
- 1 Tbsp garlic paste
- 5 green chillies-chopped
- 1 tsp black cumin seeds
- 1 Tbsp green coriander-chopped
- Refined oil for frying
- 1.In a pan, add the meat, water, Bengal gram, black and green cardamoms, cinnamon sticks, red chilli powder, salt, turmeric powder, dry ginger powder, ginger and garlic paste.
- 2.Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce the heat and continue to cook it until all the water has evaporated and the meat is tender.
- 3.Remove the pan from the heat and keep aside to cool. Discard the whole spices.
- 4.Pass the meat twice through a mincing machine, adding the green chillies, black cumin seeds and green coriander.
- 5.Divide the mixture equally into lemon-sized portions and shape each of them into patty.
- 6.Heat the refined oil in a pan; deep-fry the patties until they turn a golden brown
- 7.Remove and drain the excess oil on kitchen towels.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia