- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 large white onion
- 1 pound asparagus
- 1 Tablespoon oil for frying
- 1 pound chicken breast, cubed (about 2)
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Teaspoon chili paste
- 2 Tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 Tablespoon sesame seeds, toasted
- ½ cup green onions, thinly sliced
- Start by toasting the sesame seeds until lightly golden. Thinly slice the green onions and set aside with the sesame seeds.
- Cut each of the vegetables into 2 inch pieces. Set vegetables aside.
- Mix together the chicken with the next three ingredients, set aside.
- In a separate bowl mix together all ingredients for the sauce.
- Meanwhile preheat a heavy bottomed pan or wok if you have one, over medium high heat. Just before you start cooking, turn the burner to high. Sauté the chicken until browned and just cooked. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Place the pan back on the burner and add the 1 Tablespoon of oil and the prepped vegetables. Sauté for 3-5 minutes until vegetables turn bright and are just tender but still a bit crisp.
- Add the sauce, chicken and cook until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Mix in the sesame seeds and green onions, reserving a little to sprinkle on top after you place the stir fry in a serving bowl. Serve immediately.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia