- 1½ liters (50 oz) Milk (full fat)
- 2½ tablespoons Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Green Cardamom Powder
- 10 Almonds (badam), sliced
- 5-7 strands Saffron (kesar)
- 10 Pistachio, sliced
- Boil milk in a broad, heavy based, pan or broad non-stick pan over medium flame.
- When milk starts to boil, reduce flame to low. Stir at regular intervals of 3-4 minutes but not continuously. When layer of a cream appears on the surface, shift it towards the side of a pan. Do the same process for next cream layers. Cook until milk is reduced to 1/3 of original quantity.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve it. Add cardamom powder, sliced almonds, saffron strands and sliced pistachio; mix well.
- Scrape small cream chunks collected on the side of pan into milk (this will make delicious small cream chunks in rabdi). Cook for 2 minutes and turn off flame. Let it return to room temperature naturally. Refrigerate it for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Transfer prepared sweet kesar rabri in serving bowl and garnish with sliced almonds. Serve chilled.