- 1 3/4 cups/225 grams all-purpose flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup water (boiling)
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Butter and flour two 9-inch cake pans. It can help to line the bottom with a circle of parchment paper cut to fit the pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt, until everything is blended.
- In a separate mixing bowl, combine the eggs, milk, oil and vanilla, and whisk to combine. Then whisk in the boiling water.
- Now add the wet ingredients to the dry and stir until combined. Then pour the batter into your prepared pans and transfer them to the oven.
- Bake for about 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, or with a crumb or two attached. You can start testing after 27 minutes because it's better to check too soon than to overbake.
- Cool the cakes for 10 minutes in the pans on a wire rack, then loosen the edges by running a knife along the sides, turn the cakes out onto the racks and cool for at least another hour, and frost with this chocolate frosting recipe.
Like us on Facebook & stay posted on delicious recipes: www.facebook.com/sunflameindia